Friday 8 December 2017

Here's some I made earlier

As the first candles are lit on the Advent crown, the festive season is underway. So today I am sharing with you some of the Christmas cards I sent into Blue Peter back in the 1980's.

 

I had cards shown on the programme for four years running, I only have photographs of three of them.


This card was shown in more detail by presenter Yvette Fielding, this is what she said

And here's some more sparkly glitter, it's a cracker and its just been cracked and out of it, is coming tumbling snowflakes, a Christmas pudding good enough to eat, and a sparkly Blue Peter Ship, down here is a snowman and right in the corner is a present all wrapped up, and they have all been cut out beautifully and stuck on.


The following year presenter Mark Curry read out details of this large Christmas tree card, with Blue Peter pets Bonnie and Willow sat underneath.

I did enjoy making things and drawing but sadly I choose to drop art at school, as I didn't think I was good enough. Many years later I revisited my card making. In fact I made cards from 1999 until 2014, doing the odd craft fair along the way.

Here are some examples of my work






I still love crafting, but don't really have the time at the moment, however I couldn't resit having a go at making this Blue Peter ship that was shown on the programme during the summer.


Finally here is a short clip of  Yvette describing the card I sent in 1987.


No comments:

Post a Comment