Tuesday 4 April 2017

We have badges.



The famous Blue Peter badge was first introduced on 17th June 1963. They are traditionally awarded to viewers of the programme for sending an interesting letter, picture or idea for the programme.

I won my own Blue Peter badge back in 1983 for sending a letter about my collection of Blue Peter books and autographs. My brother Wayne won his badge the same year for drawing a picture of the Blue Peter pets. Three years later he won a silver badge for making a model of the Blue Peter studio.

On separate occasions we both won runners up prizes and competition badges, in Blue Peter competitions. Myself in the Intel post competition, and my brother to design a boss for the damaged ceiling of York Minster.

There are presently seven types of Blue Peter badge.

Blue Badge - awarded for sending an interesting letter, picture, an idea for the programme or appearing on the programme.

Silver badge - awarded for sending in something different from your blue badge, so if you sent a letter the first time, then send a picture or model for your silver badge.

Green badge - awarded for sending in letters, pictures or makes about nature, conservation or the environment.

Orange badge - awarded to winners and runners up of Blue Peter competitions.

Purple badge - awarded for writing a review of a Blue Peter episode.

Sport badge - awarded for inspiring a friend to take part in a new sport.

Gold badge - awarded for outstanding achievements, bravery, courage and citizenship.

On special anniversary's of the programme a special limited edition badge is often produced.
25th, 45th, 50th,

For project 161018, I have, had made some limited edition badges, which I hope to give to the presenters I meet, as well as to family and friends.

My blue badge from 1983

My brothers silver badge from 1986
50th Anniversary badge 2008


No comments:

Post a Comment